With the start of every New Year comes a wave of resolutions surrounding weight loss and food restriction. This time of year can be challenging for those in eating disorder recovery or, those simply trying to embrace an anti-diet approach to eating. With that in mind, we at BALANCE decided to initiate a discussion on challenges that may arise and how to best combat diet culture!
We will be hosting a Twitter Chat on Thursday, January 4th, 2018 at 8 PM est. with professionals and advocates who will share their tips and advice on getting through this unhelpful and potentially triggering time of year.
The theme of the chat will be Revolutionizing Resolutions! You can follow along and join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #RevolutionizingResolutions & by following us
Date of Chat: Thursday January 4th, 2018
Time of Chat: 8:00 pm est.
Make sure to follow our wonderful panel of co-hosts:
- Melainie Rogers, BALANCE founder - @MelainieRogers
- the Realize Your Beauty Organization - @bodylove_ryb
- Project HEAL - @TheProjectHEAL
- Crystal Karges, RDN - @crystalkarges
- Ryan Sheldon of Binge Eater Confessions - @BingeConfession
- Jennifer Kreatsoulous - @JenKreatsoulas
- Colleen Werner - @LeenahBeenah
- Leanne Ray, MS, RDN - @LeanneRayRDN
- Dana Suchow of Do The Hot Pants - @dothehotpants
- Emily Locke - @emilywlocke
- Hayley Miller, LPC, RD - @hayleymillerRD
- Vincci Tsui, RD - @VincciRD
- Emily Fonnesbeck, RD - @emilyfonnesbeck
- Melinda Parrish - @Mel_Parrish
- Amy Sullivan of dailyRD - @mydailyrd
- Carrie Dennett, RDN - @CarrieDennett
- Josée Sovinsky, RD - @JoseeSovinskyRD
- Angie Viets, LCP, CEDS - @viets_angela