Our Programs > Saturday Program
Our Saturday programs offer unique weekend support for both adults (morning session) and adolescents (afternoon session). Both groups can function as stand-alone programs or can be added to any of our weekday programs for added support. A highly customized and structured 6-week program, BALANCE is the only treatment center in NYC that offers a small group setting, allowing us to provide the best possible care available.
Our 6-week Saturday Program at BALANCE was developed to provide three levels of support:
1. Saturday Program Extension: As an add-on to our current weeknight or weekday program.
2. Saturday Program Step Down: Clients who have finished our Weeknight Program can step down to our Saturday Program for further support.
3. Saturday Program Step Up: For clients who need group support to strengthen their outpatient individual sessions.
Our Saturday Program includes the following components:
- A program schedule that meets on Saturdays from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- An initial consultation and evaluation
- Individual treatment planning
- Small group setting of only 8 clients, providing a low client-to-clinician ratio
- Behavioral, cognitive and psychodynamic group therapy with a focus on challenges to recovery, skills building for mood and impulse management, and body image work
- Experiential group therapies (art therapy)
- Nutrition Groups that focus on neutralizing and legalizing food, debunking food myths, the media's influence on body image, eating habits and self-confidence, and what "healthy" eating really means.
- Mealtime support and processing
- Weekly nutrition therapy session available (separate fee)
- Exposure therapy (restaurant meals, challenge foods)
- Multi-family group therapy and education
- Co-treatment model providing ongoing communication and collaboration during treatment with referring team members
- Alumni support and services upon discharge